Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to our new "project" blog. I am hoping to use this to talk about projects, large and small. The biggest thing we'll be doing is finishing our basement!! Marc will be creating an apartment where my mom will live. He is doing most of the work himself, so the progress should be fun to watch! I can't wait to see how it all turns out! Some of the small projects are DIY home improvement projects that involve decorating, organization, and more!

I have to mention the name of this blog. I thought it was funny (and TRUE), but Marc did not! He finds the title overwhelming. I take it in more of a positive way, since infinite projects mean infinite room for improvement! They will be things we want to do, to make our lives a little easier or prettier. It's not about being unsatisfied with how things are, but always being creative and wanting to make small changes. Or not! We'll see how we do!

A little background on our house and family . . . we had our house built and moved in on January 31st, 2006. We love our house but there are so many things we still want to do! Most of our walls are still "builder white" with unpainted spackle from when the builder repaired nail pops. Since 2006 we have had 2 children, so we've certainly been busy. Ryan will be 5 in October and Katie just turned 3 in May. Their rooms and the playroom are the only 3 that have been painted, and I have had fabric to make curtains in 5 rooms for years. Most of our time will be spent on the basement right now, but I'll be doing some smaller projects as I find time. Wish us luck!

Stay tuned for pictures of a dresser that we (Ryan and I) just painted for Ryan's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment